Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Tragedy With A Side Of Hope

     It looks as if we still have visitors popping in here from time to time. Thank you so much for stopping by and I am sorry that I haven't been keeping you more updated. I had recently been thinking about starting up the blog again to give people some insight into OUR style of camper living. (That is, mostly staying in once spot with the occasional outing.) I am sad to say I have a not so great update for you today.

     On Wednesday, May 24, we put a roast in the crockpot and went about our day running errands and working from my office in the shed. Somewhere around 11:45 am the crockpot sparked a fire that took our beautiful tiny home and all our belongings with it. I am thankful that all the family members were out of the camper and the dogs were safely outside. It was a heartbreaking thing to stand and watch as our home was ripped apart first by fire and then by the brave men on the fire squad as they tried to put it out. All we could think about were the hours of hard work put in last summer to make it everything we wanted and all the memories we have made in it since.

     We are so lucky to be surrounded by HUNDREDS of amazing friends and family members that have supported us in this difficult time. It would take hours to name them all! Just know that if you have given us a place to stay, food, clothes, supporting hugs and messages, helped in arrainging fundraisers, contributions of money or items, etc We thank you more we can possibly say. A special thank you to those of you that reminded me mid-meltdown that I needed to get back up on the horse and live the life we have planned to live. Thanks you for not letting me hide in an apartment or rental home that would have ultimately made my soul sad.

     If you are one of the amazing readers from across the country or world (I still can't believe that poeple actually read about us!) and you would like to help us in rebuilding our tiny home dream please look at and/or share our Go Fund Me page (found HERE). Thank you for keeping us in your positive thoughts!


     I can't wait to keep you all updated on part 2 of our Adventure!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment