Wednesday, July 27, 2016

A Magical Forest

    Once upon a time (a few months ago) my little sister Heather made a big leap. She sold or gave away all her earthly belongings, packed up her family and moved across the country. While this may not seem like very large feat to some of you, I assure you it was a big deal to our family. We are a HUGE tight knit group and none of us have ever moved more than 2 hours drive from each other. It was quite a shock to most of us and missed every minute.
    A lot of good life lessons came out of that experience. A major lesson for me was that things don't matter and family really does. I also learned that big scary things are actually doable! You can do something wild and crazy and you will always have the safety net of friends and family if your adventure doesn't go as planned. So I looked up to my little sister (for the millionth time in my life) and decided to make the big change to camper life.
    Fast forward to today. Heathers journey has brought her back home and I'm so happy to have her here. As soon as I heard she was coming back I knew I wanted her to do a mural in the bathroom of the camper. She is an amazing artist! I have a piece she did of a girl standing in a rainstorm that I couldn't bring myself to part with so it has a special place in the camper. My other painting that she made just for me was only handed over to my other sister with a guarantee that I would take it back at some point in the future. Nothing would make this crazy adventure better than being able to look at a beautiful masterpiece every morning.
    When we removed the toilet from the camper and opted for a compost toilet (more on that later) I thought it would be a little funny to have trees painted on the wall. In my brain I pictured it as a little inside joke about all the people who just can't believe we are gonna live in a camper and potty in the woods. Now we really could potty in the woods even while parked in the suburbs! Awesome!
    So Heather came over last Friday and in just a few hours whipped up this beauty. I can't believe how great it turned out! She took my vague idea and made it amazing! She included our initials "carved" in a heart which is just super adorable. My children's initials are hidden in there as well. And the best part? The top of their initial is their height when we started this journey. She just thought to include that special touch! I will cherish it forever.
    Long blog post short, my sister is an amazing artist and the greatest of sisters and you should all be jealous!

No comments:

Post a Comment