Wednesday, July 6, 2016

It takes a village.

    We have always been blessed by the Universe with an amazing circle of friends and family. I honestly think we are the luckiest people in this arena. My favorite part of this journey so far has been all the support from our loved ones!
    The weekend of July 4th our amazing friends Mark and Kim convinced us it was time for a break. I was really hesitant to take time away from our project. I have full blown nightmares that we won't finish everything in time. It turns out that they were completely right and I really did need the break. Having a weekend of beautiful views, delicious food, and awesome conversations in Park City really refreshed our energy level. We came home ready to get shit done!
    Monday we dragged basically everything we own out onto our lawn and had a yardsale. It wasn't as successful as we hoped but we are keeping a positive mindset. We have still been lucky that selling our belongings has paid for all our renovations thus far. We are hoping we will be able to maintain that through the end. Our super sweet friends, Jake and Terrisa, helped us clean up all the yardsale leftovers and then were kind enough to feed us when we were overheated and overworked.
    I lucked out big time on Monday the 4th. While Richard was slaving away on the yard sale I was searching across the valley for the perfect fabrics for the camper. My mom was a lifesaver showing me around the fabric store, teaching me which fabrics were best and why, and helping navigate the wild world of fabric store coupons. Not only did I find the perfect fabrics for everything, my mom offered to sew all the curtains and cushion covers. She is the best mom I could ask for.
    On Tuesday night my bestie Rose came over to help me paint the kitchen cabinets. Do you see that gorgeous red?! As usual she was better at the whole process. However the chit chat was amazing and I'm happy to have had her help.
    I can't wait to see what more memories we make with our tribe on this journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment